2/11/09

My Love Day Dedication

I have been privileged to fall in love 5 times thus far in my life.

  • The first was a boy (shock!!) a story I will never understand and never forget.
  • The second was my husband.
  • The 3rd was my dear sweet Isabel.
  • The 4th I didn't think I could manage. I didn't know if I could possibly love another child like I loved the first. And now I know that loving the 4th is just another miracle of love.
  • The 4th is my precious Alexandra.
  • the 5th is my Savior - who I have come to know better because of #'s 1 through 4 - He fills me with his love and teaches me daily about the miracle of love
This post I dedicate to my #2

Many years ago - 17 ish to be exact - #2 said he had a song to play for me.

Oh you can imagine the way my heart raced and how the blood rushed to my lips and how I could hardly wait to hear the most romantic song of my life!

So begins the twang of country music,

ok

not!

what I expected -

but, I'm still with you

I do love George Strait after all.

but when I heard ...

If you leave me -I wont miss you

HUH?

And I won't ever take you back

This can't be the right song, can it?

Girl your memory - Wont ever haunt me

What is he trying to tell me?

Cause I don't love you - Now if you'll buy that....

I've got some
ocean front property
in Arizona


From my front porch you can see the sea

I've got some ocean front property in Arizona

And if you'll buy that I'll throw the golden gate in free

HUH? WHAT? That's the song?

Ok, Ok, so I totally get the song
- I just still find the passive aggressive LOVIN' quite amusing!

I've been thinking about that wonderful moment lately
- and I thought it is about time I shared my sentiments in return.

So for the man who doesn't deserve one of my labor of love hand made cards
(because he leaves them around on the floor or tossed in corners instead of scrapbooking it on
acid free paper with coordinating papers, ribbon and metal elements!)

Dearest love - here are my songs for you. . . .

What you make of them - well dearest that's all up to you. ........................................>>>>>>>>>>

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny! Happy Valentine's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never quite thought of that song that way, fun. Here's to Becca and Matt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers