So Matt got his letter today. I think we were feeling pretty safe with everything so - lucky for Matt he got a heads up from a co-worker yesterday so today was not such a shocker.
They are giving them 2 years to phase out the product that Matt currently supports so we know we have a job guaranteed for 2 years (unless Matt goes off the deep-end or goes postal at work) plus his severance.
It was awfully sweet that their letters were personally signed. We were sorta thinking that they should stick with a stamp unless that signature falls at the bottom of the check.
I am wondering, do we have to give back the pen?
The popular opinion at the moment is that there are good opportunities in St Louis. Matt saw something in Virginia that looked good that would just be a lateral type transfer within the company.
Darn it - I shouldn't have painted! Oh well, if we stick it out 2 years is a long time. We haven't even been here 2 years yet and it has felt like an eternity!
It's so difficult to not have your life details all planned out, huh! But I guess that is just a part of life.
ReplyDeleteIf you're there for two years, and we're here for two years, we'll be changing our lives at the same time! How funny is that.