10/6/08

The Joys of Insulin

Gotta squeeze this one in before I have 5 million pictures from the Field Trip that I gotta showcase.

Tonight I got my lowest ever bedtime blood sugar reading! Woo Hoo! 150. Still not even in range! I don't care. (I mean I do but you know). It is progess. After nearly a stinkin' year of this bee's wax - finally! Only thing is now I've got to worry about the flip side - going too low! Will I know? Will I sleep through it? My entire family knows what is like to have a low - My Mom, Dad most of my siblings, both my girls and my DH - that is a lot of hypoglycemics! Then there is me. No clue. The closest I think I have ever been is when I had to fast for 16 hours for some bloodwork and my blood sugar started to head down below the 300's and my body was a little confused. So for all you who are wondering about the little needle. It is NOTHING!!!! No big deal! I'll give myself a shot of insulin any day if only I never have to pop the nasty little thing on my finger ever again! UGH! Good news is that I am bleeding faster and easier - bye bye sticky blood.

Now, as I trudge head first down this road of the joy's of insulin - I am preparing myself mentally to also swear off milk, all dairy, meat, and processed foods. Which leaves me with what I have been saying all along ZUCHINNI and WATER! Seriously. I have been dabbling in this diet for the last few days and I am finding my cravings are diminished, and I am feeling satisfied! I do not think I can do the NO COOKED FOOD diet, I gotta at least have something hot.

So, I apologize for the TMI and leave you with lots of XOXOXOX's and say to you TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the "impressive score." Zuchini and water, eh? At least you get water!

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Followers