4/16/09

Food Storage

In my attempts at obedience and preparedness I have stored away a supply of wheat among other things that my family could eat (or stare at) in our time of need. Being that in our house we feed more bread to ducks than we do to ourselves - I have never been a bread maker, nor do I have a wheat grinder. AND furthermore since I got a big fat D in Domestic Diva school no one would probably want to eat my bread anyway. So, I have finally found a use for this wheat thanks to a girl whos I blog stalk!
Wheat Grass!!! I tried to grow it in time for Easter - but didn't quite make it. It took nearly a week to get to this picture - and for the first few days I was convinced that I couldn't even sprout wheat berries - but I did it! No more $20.00 fake grass arrangements for me (not that I would EVER spend that much because I ALWAYS have a coupon or a 75% off clearance sale).


2 comments:

  1. Hey Becca! Thanks for reading my blog! You are very welcome to link to my ideas. I don't know where you are located but we are in Arizona, so we put the grass out in the sun and it started growing crazy fast! Also, if you soak the seed over night and keep them really wet they sprout faster. We used a spray water bottle to keep the seeds really wet with out drenching the soil. Anyhow, I'm glad it still worked for you. It's kind of like magic, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - yeah, we'll be staring at our wheat too! Congrats on growing grass . . . Matt probably just thinks it's something else to mow.

    ReplyDelete

Followers