4/21/09

the Last Jelly Beans




A missing ear or a hole in his bum are no longer the worst of his worries- I think to myself as I savor the last bite.

Are chocolate rabbits-feet lucky too?

No matter, it melts smooth, creamy, delightful, and my body sighs, ahhh, the last bite.

Robin Egg's are no more, if I don't see a malted milk ball until next year I'll be just fine!

Peeps - Reese's Peanut Butter eggs - Cadbury -pastel colored ooey gooey anythings - be gone with you!!!

Ok, maybe the Reese's can stay.

AND easter grass - lands sakes alive !!! Why do they make this stuff !!! We'll be finding it in the fridge, stuck in our ears and wrapped around the vacuumm bearings until Christmas.

Spring stays - with all the flowers, green-ness, sweet smells and allergies - and I long for picnics and pony rides and cat naps in the hammock.

But wait, before all that, before I pack up all the baskets in a large rubermaid tub squished in tight between Christmas and 4th of July - I had better check for jelly beans.

There at the bottom of the baskets, where they have slid down into secret caverns and shadows of grass, jelly beans hide. Little hands and little eyes don't know to look there, and so they go unnoticed. How many times do I search out their secret spots and JACKPOT I find one or two tasty little morsels just waiting to kiss these sugar junkie lips.

Bingo - I am once again in luck. This time is serious though - no packing away these babies with little sugar gems still lurking in their precipices, no way.

Out comes the grass with a hearty and determined shake, risking the chance of a stray blade of green plastic eluding my grasp, doing, plop, plip, plip, k-doink, there they are... The last jelly beans of Easter and they are all mine.




1 comment:

  1. I love to read your postings. And the picture of the girls on the beach is beautiful! I wish I had some jelly beans to pick over - all I have left is chocolate which is not helping my diet at all. And the crazy bunny sent no peeps this year either! He was a bunny in training and hopefully will not return next year.. . hmmm maybe a subject to blog about!

    ReplyDelete

Followers