Alex's Dance Recital
Open the door get on the floor - everybody walk the dinosaur ....
This was OBVIOUSLY her favorite routine of the night - she really danced well and with a lot of confidence - hardly watched her teacher and really got into her moves. It is hard to determine whether she liked the song best or the cheerleader outfit - either way it was great!

Disney's Step In Time - Too Cute - Made me want to get up and dance too!

Pocahontas

Isabel Bridging from Daisies to Brownies

Alex's Olympic Day's at Preschool

Mamma Duck and her 8 babies that we rescued from our neighborhood pool

Evidently they had been there for 3 days when we happened to notice them. They had a very small puddle of green water sitting in the sun - no food - no shade - no shelter. It would take 4-5 babies stacked on top of each other to reach the top of one step. We waited 'til 5:00 when all the people in the office were gone and we climbed the fence with an arsenal of tools. After a minute of sliding around in the slimy puddle Matt suggested chasing them away from the water. We cornered them by the stairs very easily. As mamma duck climbed the stairs her babies scrambled to try and follow and ended up all in one corner - I scooped them up into a large plastic water pitcher with anti-climatic easiness. Then I carried them to the fence waiting until I knew Mamma duck was close and then I gently poured them out. They all ran right through the fence - including Mamma who had to SQUEEEEZE herself through - and then off they went into the woods. Probably half those ducks won't even make it to the summer. But I am glad to have been able to contribute a small part to them living their little lives as they should - instead of being one of the MANY MANY onlookers who came to watch the CUTE LITTLE DUCKS starve to death as they slowly cooked in their hot little puddle. I know that most of the time it is important to let nature take its course but this time, it took less than 5 minutes, was safe to get involved in and had a very simple and beneficial outcome.
Alex Playing Soccer



Jeez guys, you have been busy! Fun collages! Glad Alex did so well with dance and had fun. It looks like fun!
ReplyDeleteWhat a hero you are becca boo. I have a thank you card waiting for you, waiting actually for ME to remember it and bring it to you. You do so much for everyone. I feel guillty sometimes being your friends because I get so much and never give...
ReplyDeleteLove all the pictures! oh isaac fits you pretty well I was just thinking today...