1/6/11

?What is the word?



I have several friends and friends of friends who are choosing a word for the year...  like a mantra.  
I like the idea and have been trying to think of my own word.
Especially this year when life has evolved from taking it one day at a time to one NAP at a time.

I think one word I should consider is POSITIVE because I have had a hard time thinking of words that encourage me in a positive way... you know, lovely words like 

CRAP 
PURGE 
SHED
DETOXIFY
and 
GRRRRRRRRR!

so here is my brainstorm:

REMEMBER - because I think I forget, my purpose, what I am doing, why I am doing it, who I am, what I want to stand for, who I want to become, that I have a choice, the people around me who love me
LAUGH - because I take everything way to serious
RENEW - because it is a good time in my life to renew my efforts, commitment, and because I need to renew my library books instead of letting them accumulate 3 weeks of fines!
SMILE - because I should try it more
FRIENDLY - because I need to be a better friend 

LISTEN, STRENGTH, FAITH, CREATE, OPEN MINDED, PRESENT, ACCEPTANCE, BELIEVE 

ok here it is I've got it 

BEACH 

think BEACH 

toes in the sand, warm breeze, pelicans diving, sound of the surf crashing against the sand, sea shells, sunscreen, shopping, fresh seafood

ok ok I know thats not the idea

so I will continue to ponder

what word will be the most important in guiding me this year?  


3 comments:

  1. I have been thinking a lot about this too. I always set out with a list of goals for the new year. I think that is my problem: too many goals at one time. The thing I am going to focus on this year is time. Not wasting it. So much is encompassed in that but time is my word. Good luck with finding yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. our word for the year here in the orton house is DILIGENT.

    We always make good goals every year, week, month whatever, devin and i have planners and are always good intentioned... but we fail after the first week of our new goals, SO same goals as always but this year we are going to be diligent, diligent at the 'skeleton' basics you know what our whole life is structured around. Prayer, scrips, health, (bedtime), vt and hometeaching,fhe, clean house,, dinner, being calm and controlling our tempers,.... and following the promptings of the spirit(you know like pres monson) ... we need to get the basics down you know..
    so diligent.

    Hey thanks for letting me sort out my thoughts completetly in this comment. YOU don't have to read it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh i like beach. It's peaceful and happy. And shopping and seafood? I think we would have fun on a vacation together.... on a beach.

    ReplyDelete

Followers