As we not quickly approach the impending Spring Break - I am painfully aware of the GSF. I wonder if the GSF theory has begun to spread and if anyone else has ever heard of it. Really great and really obvious theories seem so well obvious, but are often so elusive.
So here is how it works.
GSF stands for Give a "Shoot" Factor
to calculate your GSF
divide the number of days since your last vacation by the number of days until your
next vacation - this is your GSF.
So, say you leave on vacation in 2 days - your GSF will be significantly low - and by lunch time the day before vacation your GSF will be 0. In perspective - you get an email at 12:55 on the Friday before vacation - you know you won't be back in the office for 10 days, you won't be checking your email, even though you now have a blackberry so they can find you at all ends of the universe - you know that there are still some ends of the universe where face it, you just can't dial in! So how much do you care about that last email, or phone call, or meeting, or ..... you don't!
That's GSF
The Reuters guys in KC came up with this formula which I find fascinating, acurate and really cool.
They also came up with a strength to weight ratio/ Formula that they used in Tug o War try outs (yes I did say Tug O War). They used it to put together the perfect tug team (and the perfect tug back up team, in case that on Tug day team A had been hitting the cookie jar a little too heavily).

But, that is a entirely separate story in itself.
My point in all this?
My GSF is rapidly declining.
I used to think I was OCD, controlling, all that kind of stuff, but I now realize that
- having our suitcases packed 3 weeks before we leave
- having a photo record of what is being worn on which day by who
- and a pretty good idea of what I am going to eat and where because I've memorized the menu's
has nothing to do with being anal retentive - and everything to do with GSF. Apparantly nothing else matters so - I am ready! Chattanooga, Florida, Alabama, Grandma and Papa! Here we come!
(ok so maybe just a little obsessive and crazy!)
I'll judge by your comments and those of my DH whether or not this GSF lesson does the theory justice at all!!!
Becca, you are hilarious! I am excited for you guys to go. Disney World or no? I am a little jealous that you get to escape for a while, but I just remind myself that my turn is coming next month!
ReplyDelete