My DH has been accumulating brownie points for going on 17 years now.
That's sorta creepy to say outloud.
ALTHOUGH,
there have been a few occasions when he has apparently lost his taste for brownies
and has taken the whole lot and blended it into a
SPAM milkshake
and poured it into a lumpy pile of muck on the deck
where the birds would come to inspect it
and then poop on it before turning their noses up and leaving.
EVEN worse - there have been times when he has
just tossed his earnings into the toilet like
a dead fish never to be seen again.
If I were eligible to recieve brownie points
- LET ME TELL YOU -
I would have a spread sheet and I would track them!
So - this last weekend while I was out of town - with the kindly assistance of my dear brother in law Justin - the basement was framed, sheetrocked, doored, and the stairs closed in!!!!!!! HOLY COW! AND they did it all with 5 kids in tow!

Now part of me wishes that I had a before and after picture to show you - but the horror of the before is not really something I care to share. The kids were scared to venture into the basements depths. I didn't care for it myself.
Now we can actually SEE! thanks to a multitude of new lighting options, now the cats have their own area to keep cat litter and hair contained - and storage is separated.
There are still a couple of walls to do - and the mudding and painting of course - but all things considered? It is BEAUTIFUL!!!
So dearest - you might want to hang on to these points -
they may definately save your hide one day!
And JUSTIN - just in case you ever need to find yourself in my good favor
- consider yourself rewarded too!



Yay! That's so awesome! Good for you!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new basement!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Can't wait to see it! Go Matt!
ReplyDelete