5/31/09

A Late Night Rambling

I have
A lot on my mind
right now
and
I
can't
sleep.
It is all
very very very very
important stuff like
Diced Cilantro and red onion - drizzled with olive oil and lime juice
now that is important.
I have the song
High On A Mountain Top
replaying over and over in my head.
I know all 3 verses so at least I have some variety there.
T0morrow is my last day at my old job as Kindergarten Mom/ Preschool Teacher/ Child Care Provider.
Tuesday I start my new job as Summer Mom, Swim Team Mom, Uber Activity and Play Date Manager Mom.
I don't know if it is a promotion or a demotion.
It is my first time working in this department.
We have already kicked Summer off with a bang by hosting a Memorial Day BBQ with 83 of our closest friends.
That was a delight as the rain waited to dump it's load all over us just as it was time to eat.
Gratefully Matt provided us with 2 canopies on the deck - and we set up stations for the kids all over the house.
The canopies by the way - Is a whole other story - It's been a week and we can't bear to take them down. They make shade where the sun is most intense keeping us cool inside and encouraging us to go out to the deck more. Even the cats like it and have been wanting to sleep for hours on the deck.
Other than that the random thoughts are slowing - and my eyes are getting heavier. I am surrounded by my kitties who all think I am their personal possession and will fight the others for the right to lay on or even just near my lap.
Good Night Stars
Good Night Air
Good Night Noises Everywhere!

2 comments:

  1. I am excited to chill with the playdate Becca! It was an Awesome party! The food was amazing and the rain was just an added excitement to the party. See ya tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times. That must be nice to have a covered back porch with those up. I really wish we did. I am missing cover. We need one of those expandable things. Have we talked about this for you before? Probably.

    ReplyDelete

Followers