6/2/09

In search of

the elusive Scissor tailed flycatcher.
A nesting pair and a couple of other stragglers have been spotted at a favorite nesting site which happens to be on the route to just about everywhere I go. WHICH NEVER HAPPENS. I have a map of all the places they have been spotted, a map to the nesting tree, photo's, descriptions and directions. But no bird. Some other lucky ducks even reported seeing him sitting on a sign along side the road.... I must be more determined and find him!

HOWEVER

I did find these adorable little peanuts with legs!

While thunder and lightning ripped through the sky - they were running frantically up & down the gutter trying to figure out how to get back to their parents


They can't fly yet and they are only half the height of the curb they fell off of. Poor things. I determined they were slow enough to catch so I did. I scooped them up in my hands and set them back on the sidewalk. The parents were so distraught that they thought my car was the predator. It took some patience and a few prayers but before long babies and parents were reunited - just in time for the rain to start



After holding one in my hand I now understand why they are called KILLDEER....

DEER = When they lay down they fold their legs gently beneath them just a deer does - and the KILL part - well, when a "predator" comes near their nest or their young - the adult will fly in an opposite direction of the nest - and then flap around with their wings spread as if they are hurt or dead. Interesting.



Here is my other favorite past time for when I am not chasing down creatures
... rearranging my house!

I had this idea that I was going to switch 2 rooms out - put all the music room stuff in the yellow room and all of the red furniture into the then empty room. I decided to start with just pieces of rooms to get the feel - and fell in love with this new set up that only involved a couple of minor changes BUT left me with a dramatic and fresh result!


The piano looks much more lovely in the yellow room - and I finally felt like I wanted to put this quote on the wall!

Here's a fun one I took of the Spire of the St Louis Temple during a Primary activity where we visited the Temple.


And finally the Secor cure to all that ails you

a bubble bath from a Lucious, Yummy LUSH bubble bar
After her 1st day at swim team - in 64 degree air - chattering teeth - kick boarding multiple laps

Peanut Butter Crackers, an apple and a bubble bath made everything right in the world.

3 comments:

  1. The quote looks awesome on the wall! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm...somewhere I lost the bubble bath picture - oh well - you all know what a bubble bath looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the temple picture. Very neat.

    ReplyDelete

Followers