This is the second time I have tried out a project from the internet and found that in spite of the “simple” directions and claims of easiness – that the project was more than problematic! It did turn out cute – but for future reference – I DO NOT recommend putting taffy on sticks!
Family night free face painting rocked their world!
They leaped and Meowed everywhere we went!
I can hardly believe that we have finished our last swim meet already! They saved the best for last for us – the Blanchette Pool in Old St. Charles was really a water park and since we get there early to stake our claim – there was plenty of time to swim and play! Even though she had a low fever and was not quite herself – little puffer fish was as pumped as ever. She swam 4 races, improving with each race as she always does.
The real story developed in her final race – the 25 free -
Off the blocks she cranked it out – we were yelling and screaming watching her go – I grabbed my camera and began to run through the crowds to the other end of the pool – nearly there, I paused to look up at her – and WHOA! what did I see? - she was standing in the middle of the pool, holding onto a rope, crying, NO, WAILING!!!!!! EVERYONE is confused and yelling at her to swim – then I see her lips form the word BUUGGGIIEEE!
OOUUUGGHHHHH! IZZZZY!
So she cried a little longer, and then gathering whatever small amount of intestinal fortitude she had left, she proceeded to swim AROUND the bug, made her way another 10 feet or so to where she encountered yet ANOTHER bug, at least this time she swam AROUND it straight away. Finally she made it to the wall.
WHEW! What a way to end it!
Off to bed we went with miss crabby pants still wailing about the freakin’ bug. This experience does nothing but enforce in my mind the need for a consistent and early bedtime – even in the summer!
I am very pleased and proud of her determination and willingness to try hard at something she really isn’t very good at! THAT is a good example to us all!
Here is Alex climbing the beanstalk – at the Magic House for MacKenzie’s Birthday party.
becca, that bug story made me laugh out loud. So funny! OH man. Still laughing.
ReplyDeleteamie
I can't believe summer is almost over! It seems like you crammed a lot in though. You going to try swim team next year?
ReplyDelete