

Tell us something that you believe with all your heart is true
Right away - I go straight to God. I have to think hard to move past God - and then, I can't really move past God - because if I believe in God, then everything is because of, about, related to, a reflection of, a blessing from, a result of ... God.
I believe that the universe, our world, and all that is in it was created - not by accident - but with tender care, meaning and purpose. I believe that one day we will sit at the feet of Jesus and he will tell us how he created the world. I believe that we will hear snippets of what we call "science" in his accounts, because science is only humans discovering the full meaning, purpose and composition of that which already is and has been. Maybe there was a big bang, but if there was it was orchestrated by the hands of Jesus Christ. Perhaps evolution occurred in some way. If it did, it was because it was part of the process of creating this world into the world it was meant to be: by His design, created by His hands, for His purposes.
From there I believe that the earth and everything in it is sacred and a gift to me, to us. I am constantly awed by the earth and its treasures that I see around me daily. The birds who start to sing in the spring, find their mates, build nests out of scraps that hold sturdy through violent storms, raise their young on meager food rations in cold and rain, and migrate thousands of miles with no GPS, no cell phone, no map, no fast food, no hotel. The raccoons find the bird feeders in neighborhoods and claim the spoils. Deer and turkeys by the dozens live among us in our tight and cramped suburbs. Red tail hawks swoop and soar on warm currents making us look upward on sunny days.
The eerie silence after a heavy snowfall.
Icicles.
The weird gumballs that grow then fall from my tree.
My children who think, feel, learn, laugh, love.


The things I see around me are simple in comparison to the wonders far beyond my reach.
The vast diversity of our planet, the creatures, the landscapes, the people, the cultures.
I am amazed when technology leaps into things that are beyond my imagination.
But when I see the power and beauty of all of majestic creations of life - I am penetrated to my soul and I know that I am seen, and heard, and loved, and that I have a purpose here along with the earth and the life within it.
As a result of this belief - I also believe that we have a responsibility as humans to do our part within our sphere of influence, to protect, nurture and enjoy the gift we have been given.
No comments:
Post a Comment