Life is kicking me in the butt right now.
AND SORRY writing prompts - you just aren't on the top 50% of the pile!
So, here are 2 catch ups. I am trying something that you know is very hard for me: keeping it short :)
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
What was something you taught another person in your family?
What was something you taught another person in your family?
I am sure I taught my siblings some good things, somehow I can only remember a laundry list of bad. I don't even want to list them! From my meaner than mean I'm the BOSS babysitting style, to when Lisa lived with me in College, to putting my sister in my bed so I could sneak out, geez, this paints a sad sad picture. I spent a lot of time with Mike when he was little, so I'm sure I taught him some fabulous word or phrase or maybe how to stack blocks. When Mike was much older I tried to repeatedly emphasize to him that when in doubt always be honest, always. When I was first diagnosed with diabetes I was able to talk to all of my family about how eating protein 1st is important in how your body uses sugar and then that we should never eat naked carbs (carbs with no protein). I wonder if any of my family would have an answer to this question?
Monday, February 27, 2012
What is something you learned from someone else?
What is something you learned from someone else?
How do you pick 1 thing? I learned to read from my Dad. I learned to sing and be sweet from my Mom. I learned that I could be more social from my sisters. I learned that boys are scary from my brothers. I learned a little about sudden changes in teenagers from my littlest sister. My friend Heidi told me about her busy day - which included running home in between errands, making sandwiches for lunch, then going back out to finish. It seemed like a shocking revelation. Heidi taught me that eating fast food is NOT a necessity, it is a choice. My friend Michelle held parties for her kids - just because. Water parties, coloring parties, etc. They were simple, fun, inexpensive. I learned from her to be an advocate for my children socially. I learn a lot by watching people. I learn a lot by listening to people. Parenting, gardening, social, cooking, cleaning, planning, organizing, budgeting, creating, marriage, pets.... you name it - there is so much experience out there - you just have to be ready to snatch it up when it is on the table!
ONLY ONE MORE TO GO!!!!!!!
Happy Leap Day Tomorrow Everyone!
Ok, to focus on what you have taught others... First of all, you are a natural born teacher. That is why you went to school. You have just always been that way. I first thought of how you taught us girls your ballet moves and we put on a talent show for the whole neighborhood on our back porch. As we got older you would teach us words to your favorite songs, because you insisted that we know them and their meanings. Those are really my two favorite memories of you teaching. There is so much more but my brain is asleep. I really think one of the most valuable things you taught me was to drive a standard transmision, in the snow, on a hill. That was fun and scary, but I am grateful for that. You teach your AMAZING kids wonderful things all of the time. Otherwise they really wouldn't be so amazing. It's a wonderful thing to be able to teach.
ReplyDelete