
So this damp and chilly spring day starts Matt's favorite time of year
BBQ Season!!! While many are pysched about Spring Wardrobes, March Madness, Gardening etc... Matt is doing whatever humanly possible to NOT get burned or inflicted with poison ivy! They are set up nicely at the 1st Annual charity BBQ Competition held at Cabella's at the St Louis Mills Mall.
Quite a bonus to have him so close to home! The only other time there has been a contest this close was when he went to the American Royal in Kansas City.
We spent the evening shopping (Mike and the girls and I) and made a couple stops by the tent to see how things were going. Alex was so excited to see Daddy's "Barbeque Test".
Tonight they did Pork Steaks (another wierd St Louis thing) Peach, Raspberry Cobbler on the Dutch Oven, and My Family recipe Pecan Pies on the smoker. Tomorrow looks good for Ribs, Pork Butt, Chicken Thighs, hmmmm, what were the other categories? This self induced hunger is causing me to lose brain cells - must find BBQ.
And, here I am doing what I love to do most - staying up all hours of the night doing my "projects", blogging, shopping, sleeping where ever I feel like sleeping ie. on top of the covers, or on the sofa, or diagonal across our king size bed.
Good Luck Matt - show 'em what you've got!
What a good place to have it is at the mall! I am sure that made the wives happy! That is why Mike said you had a long day. You should definately update your picture though. Have fun.
ReplyDelete