12/13/08
Dancing Girls
The months of preparation were first daunting becoming then fun, exhilarating!
Dancing queens in the comfort of home, the pressure of class brought out Alex’s stubborn side and Isabel – well she was ready!
Do they even have a glimpse of what the word recital means?
They were SO crazy excited!
Dancing girls ready to strut their stuff.
As the big moment became reality
Isabel stood tall and ready and faced her audience gleefully.
Alex, poor thing, the tears began to flow, the hands began to shake,
and her little heart, suddenly aware of what was about to happen
The crowd of people, the camera's.
If only I could have captured their first moments running, full speed ahead down the hall at church
on their tippy toes (we were leaving a parents day out activity) THRILLED to be wearing their leotards, tights, and ballet shoes, BOTH carrying their sneakers in the air.
What fun, what a learning experience for all.
Thank you Doni's and Thank you Mrs. Tracey
for making this wonderful and terrifying experience
so simple, and perfect for first time parents and first time dancers!
And to my beautiful girls - for all the fun, the photos, and the memories.
Dear sweet Alex said, "Mommy, come dance with me!" Because I sometimes dance with her at her class, and we dance together at home.
OH, How I would love to don my own little costume and dance everyone of those fun dances!
As much as I love taking the pictures, I would much rather be dancing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
My Blog List

I'm glad it went well. I brought Brinn in to look at the pictures of the girls in their costumes and she got really excited. Thanks for doing dance with her. I think she really likes it! See you today.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures.
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! I wish we could have seen them. Alyssa would have loved that. Of course she would want to get up and dance with them also.
They look so cute in all of the outfits.