Beach Day
We only had a 1/2 day at the beach - which is a little heartbreaking - but it was still wonderful. I think we tried to do too many things and would have been happier (and much pinker!) if we'd stayed and just played in the sand a little longer.




Shamu

The show was limited - no human/Orca contact. I wish we could have seen the real thing because it looked SO amazing. But was still very very cool. Izzy cried, Becca cried, Alex was so excited I could feel it in the way she was jumping around... she is almost ALWAYS jumping around but, I could feel this different quiver of adrenaline in her, it was cool. Then she turns to me and says MOM my heart is BEEPING so hard! After wards Izzy sat on the side and cried heartbreaking tears because she didn't want to go. We all knew she would be in love, but not like that.

This Sea World show was hilarious!
The sea lions kept doing things wrong and the trainers were cracking up! Good Times!


Airport Security
This is us 1/2 way through our six hour ordeal being stuck in the Tampa airport with tired, bored and frustrated BUT beautifully well behaved sweet little girls.
One time through Izzy had brought her water bottle from Grandma's house. They asked us "Is this your bag" and I said yea! Oh did we forget to take our electronics out? They said no, you forgot this! and showed us the .... (GASP) ... water bottle. They promptly and delicately removed it and took it to another area to inspect.
Eventually they returned, gave us our bag, and said we could go. As we walked away Izzy said:
"I'm sure glad it wasn't a bomb!"
and Alex responded "Yeah, and I'm glad that we weren't the bad guys!"

Older News

Isabel's school is the Twin Chimneys Pioneers. Every year they hold a pioneer days and everyone dresses up. This year I tried my hand at sewing a skirt. It took me a few tries and several mistakes but it the end we came out with something wearable - and she even looked pretty. I hope to not need to sew again for another 7 years - but I feel great having done it and having it behind me!

One time through Izzy had brought her water bottle from Grandma's house. They asked us "Is this your bag" and I said yea! Oh did we forget to take our electronics out? They said no, you forgot this! and showed us the .... (GASP) ... water bottle. They promptly and delicately removed it and took it to another area to inspect. Eventually they returned, gave us our bag, and said we could go. As we walked away Izzy said:
"I'm sure glad it wasn't a bomb!"
and Alex responded "Yeah, and I'm glad that we weren't the bad guys!"
Bumming Around Town

Older News

Isabel's school is the Twin Chimneys Pioneers. Every year they hold a pioneer days and everyone dresses up. This year I tried my hand at sewing a skirt. It took me a few tries and several mistakes but it the end we came out with something wearable - and she even looked pretty. I hope to not need to sew again for another 7 years - but I feel great having done it and having it behind me!

This is baby Valerie - daughter of some dear friends in Kansas City. Isn't she beautiful.
Looks like such a fun trip! Sea World sounds amazing! I am jealous!
ReplyDelete